Yields: about 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Protein-packed black beans combine with cheesy goodness to help this dip take a healthier track with Greek yogurt for creaminess and salsa for an extra kick!
1 can black beans
1/2 cup favorite salsa
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Generous 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup cheese sprinkling on top
Optional, minced chives or green onions for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor, add drained and rinsed black beans, salsa, sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, salt and cumin.
3. Run the food processor 30 – 60 seconds until ingredients are combined, mostly smooth, yet with a bit of texture still left.
4. Pour mixture into a lightly greased (I use avocado oil) 8 x 8 x 2 (or similar) sized glass dish.
5. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until cooked through and lightly bubbling.
7. Let cool. Garnish with chives or green onions if desired. Serve with chips, crackers, or even homemade baked tortilla wedges! In the unlikely event there is dip remaining, refrigerate for up to a day.
Dips are a great way to mix in healthier ingredients and still maintain flavor. While black bean and cheese dips are excellent for gatherings, we’ve often turned this into a meal, served with rice, a hearty salad and tortilla chips. The best part is, it whips up in a snap!
Black beans are packed with protein, fiber, and calcium. They are a great way to keep a dish vegetarian and gluten free, yet still provide a base for a delicious dish. Greek yogurt also brings protein and calcium and tends to add a creamy texture without loads of saturated fat. Cheese is part of the deal here, and while those watching saturated fat intake may opt for reduced fat cheese, we find a little bit goes a long way to completing this warm and toasty dip!
Pin on Pinterest!