Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Incredibly easy, this is a healthy and delicious dish that can be whipped up in a flash to feed as few or as many people as you need!
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Zucchini and squash slices
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice zucchini and squash so that you cut small circles, about 1/4 inch thick.*
*Too thin and the squash won’t stand up to holding the pizza toppings. Too thick, and the squash won’t cook enough.
3. Place squash circles on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
4. Using a brush (I like this one best), lightly brush olive oil over the squash slices. I like to sprinkle the squash with a bit of oregano and basil, possibly a bit of salt as well.
5. Put a small spoonful (careful to not overload depending on the diameter size) of pizza sauce. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and a bit of Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 425 for about 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the squash.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Finally, our garden has taken off with zucchini! And loads zucchini-infused recipes are coming down the pipeline. I almost didn’t even put this in a recipe form, as I’m not including measurements, but it is something so simple and well-liked by all ages. It’s also challenging to put exact measurements when squash comes in all shapes and sizes – diameters ranging quite a lot!
These are quite filling, but if you have some active family members that need a little more for a meal, serving with whole wheat naan or some fresh Italian bread always works for us. Other topping variations that we have used are small pepperoni slices and black (or green!) olives – the possibilities are endless!
Pin on Pinterest!