Simple Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
Yields: about 6 cups Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
Cauliflower is an all-star vegetable that is part of the cruciferous vegetable family, with great plant power. High in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and an array of powerful antioxidants and other minerals, cauliflower is not only delicious when roasted with crispy Parmesan cheese, but is also a health-boosting side dish!
6 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley for garnish if desired.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roughly chop cauliflower and spread out on a parchment paper lined baking pan.
3. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt over cauliflower. Mix with hands if needed and spread out evenly again to ensure even cooking.
4. Sprinkle 1 cup of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese over all of the cauliflower.
5. Roast cauliflower for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Sometimes the simplest things are the best. And that statement is completely true for this roasted cauliflower. It is so simple, with few ingredients, yet it is so delicious, it disappears within minutes.
Cauliflower is known to be a powerful vegetable with anti-cancer properties as well as immune boosting components. Additionally, it is high in fiber and a multitude of other vitamins and minerals.
Cauliflower is also a very mild in taste, so it blends well with so many dishes. This is one where it stands alone so well.
If you’ve followed some of my latest recipes, I have mentioned how my 5-year old has somewhat recently changed her eating habits to exclude meat. She likes vegetables and nuts, so that really helps. However, she is quite particular with texture. This is one of her favorite dishes. It is crunchy, yet soft in spots from the olive oil, and has just the right salty crunch from the crisp Parmesan cheese!